Date: June 23, 2020
Time: 1 pm ET
Duration: 60 Mins.Access Webinar Material
The ability to work from home and maintain business as usual has become extremely important for acquisition departments and employees responsible for the procurement of PPE and other medical and non-medical supplies and services.
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) used an SAP Ariba-based eProcurement Solution (EPS) to establish a secure cloud-based remote work environment for its staff and accelerate procurement of PPE.
EPS solution is offered as a Managed Cloud platform, which includes multiple levels of business and technical support, Network Operations Centre, Security Operations Centre and more.
Buyers have been impressed with the new system and the staff has been able to work more effectively. PSPC has received feedback that buying PPE has been similar to shopping at online retailers and required minimal training.
Join the webinar to hear public officials and subject matter experts discuss:
- How PSPC used the EPS solution to aggregate demand, ordering and distribution of PPE for medical and non-medical supplies.
- How the solution enabled better supply chain monitoring with improved visibility of good and services, timing of receipt, vendor management, auditability of the process, and financial comptrollership.
- How other departments and organizations can leverage this cloud-based solution and the PSPC contract to enable secure remote work for their employees and accelerate procurement of goods and services.
Who should attend?
Senior Managers and Executives in Supply Chain, Procurement, Transformation, and IT who have a role or interest in optimizing procurement within their organization.
Emilio Franco, Senior Director, Procurement Business Modernization, Public Services and Procurement Canada
Michel Tourigny, Senior Director and Head of Canada, Infosys Public Services
Aaron Smith, Associate Partner, EY Consulting
Emilio Franco - Senior Director, Procurement Business Modernization, Public Services and Procurement Canada
Emilio Franco is a Public Service Executive, Speaker, Professor, Youth Advocate, and Digital Transformer who has dedicated his career to leading projects that modernize government and make procurement awesome. He is currently the Senior Director of Procurement Business Modernization at Public Services and Procurement Canada, where he leads a complex transformation initiative to modernize the Government of Canada’s procurement operations. In addition to his dedication to the field of procurement, he has also worked to support the advancement of Agile, Cloud, Social Media, and other digital services in government. He holds a Masters in Electronic Business Technologies and Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Ottawa, teaches part-time as a professor of Public Sector Procurement at Algonquin and is a member of the APEX Board of Directors
Michel Tourigny - Senior Director and Head of Canada, Infosys Public Services
Michel is Infosys Public Services Canada Head and the Account Executive for EPS, working closely with PSPC, SAP and EY. Michel has extensive experience with public sector procurement and brings thought leadership on digital services and supply chain modernization.
Aaron Smith - Associate Partner, EY Consulting
Aaron is an Associate Partner in Government and Public Sector Consulting at EY. Aaron is the EY Program Lead for EPS, working closely with IPS, SAP and PSPC. Aaron is a leader with broad experience in digitally enabled transformation programs and has worked coast to coast with many clients in the Canadian public sector driving transformative change.
- Press release: Public Services and Procurement Canada to modernize and automate its procurement processes
- Perspectives: Smart procurement in the public sector
- Learn more about our offerings for Procurement Modernization
- Learn more about our Public Sector practice